Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lean and Clean in 2013

This year is to be a year of orderliness.
I feel strongly I'm supposed to get my life, and all it contains, into order. As the years have passed, the order around me has disappeared. I realized I must get things in order. I sense it's also something that will benefit my spiritual life and am eager to see how God leads me.

As I've gotten back to blogging, I've come across some blogs that have inspired me to be more frugal, to get things orderly at home, to keep things clean and to find things to keep me going.

The first step came this weekend. I had brought some boxes home from work this past week and I started in on the bedroom. In the past, I have tended to let myself get overwhelmed before even beginning. Not this time. I threw out old software, a 20 year accumulation of electronic-related cords that have gone unused for most of their stay in our home. I went through paperwork, receipts and all manner of paper. I have a large bag ready to shred and a much smaller pile to file. If I look at the external, I don't see any progress because all of things I got rid of were in "hidden" places. But I know I made progress.

I have a long way to go even just in the bedroom, but I'm taking this one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment